- Community Development Organization was established in “1999” by a group of dedicated social workers, professional doctors and intellectuals.
- It is Non-profit, Non-Religious, Non-Political, & Non-Government organization.
- It is working for the promotion of basic health facilities and education in low lying areas.
- Formally it was registered with social welfare department “under voluntarily Social Ordinance, 1961”.
- Now Community Development Organization is working for the prevention of blindness in poor socio-economic areas of Pakistan.
- It is reported in survey by W.H.O, the main cause of blindness in Pakistan is Cataract.
- The second biggest cause of blindness in Pakistan is Glaucoma.
- Our NGO is working for the prevention of blindness by arranging free eye camps for cataract surgery.
- Our NGO is also working for screening and evaluation of glaucoma in community and give treatment to the effected.
- In Southern Punjab there is more cataract patients as compare to Northern Punjab.
- Glaucoma is more common in the elders and neglected in the remote areas.
Expected Month For Eye camps
%age of Blindness
May , June and September
April and October
February , March and November
November and December
- Areas of operation are highlighted in the above map.
- Percentage of Blindness due to cataract is given above.
- Operational areas are divided according to climatic conditions.
- May,June and September are suitable for working in Hazara and Upper Azad Kashmir(District Punch,District Sadhnotti,District Bagh,District Havelli, District Neelum and District Muzzafarabad)
- There is too much poverty in the border area of Azad Kashmir and remote areas of Hazara Division,so there is more need of free eye camps in these areas. October and April are suitable for working in Northern Punjab and Lower Azad Kashmir(District Kotli,District Bhimber and District Mirpur)
- February,March and November are suitable for working in Central Punjab.
- November and December are suitable for work in Southern Punjab.
SCOPE OF WORK
- First of all, selection of area according to public socio-economic conditions.
- Selection of working place (Tehsil HQ hospital, Rural health centre or some private place).
- Selection of area for stay near the working place(Guest house, Rest house,Hotel or some private accommodation).
- Advertisement with the help of local community and media.
- Transportation of equipments and team.
- Starting of free eye camp and giving free medicine and treatment to the needy.
- Selection of Cataract patients for surgery.
- Pre-operative evaluation and medication.
- Sterilization of operation theatre,equipment and linen properly.
- Surgery with intra-Ocular lens and per-operative medication.
- Next day, follow up and distribution of dark glasses and post-operative medicines.
- This process will go on until our camp meets with its goal.
- Patient will be called for follow up after 15 days.
COST BREAK UP
- SCREEN CHARGES
- Screening and OPD Medicines Rs 100
- Glasses for Near Vision Rs 100
- SURGICAL CHARGES
- Pre-operative medicine Rs 100
- Per-operative medicine Rs 1000
- Intra-ocular lens Rs 1000
- Post-operative medicine Rs 600
- Operation theatre assistant charges Rs 100
- Surgeon fees Rs 500
- OPD medicine Rs 100
- Transportation Charges Rs 200 to 300
- Boarding and Lodging Rs 250
- Advertisement Charges Rs 150
The above mentioned charges are per patient in the camp of patients ranging from 100 to 200.
TEAM MEMBERS AND THEIR PROFILE
Our team is based on 6 parts.
1) Consultants and eye surgeons
2) Ophthalmic technicians
3) Optometrist and refractionists
4) Operation theatre assistants
5) Staff Nurses
6) Statistical and business analysis
CONSULTANTS AND EYE SURGEONS
- Dr. Muhammad Aslam
20 yrs experience in Ophthalmology
- Dr. Irshad Ul haq
M.Sc Community Ophthalmology (Gold Medalist W.H.O)
Ex-Chief Ophthalmologist Punjab
30 yrs experience in Ophthalmology
- Dr.Ather Touseef
(M.B.B.S)(F.C.P.S)(ICO Opth England)
Assistant Professor Ophthalmology,Shalimar Medical and Dental College Lahore
Consultant Fauji Foundation Hospital,Lahore
20 years experience in Ophthalmology
- Dr. Muhammad Moeen
Eye Specialist,Ghurki Teaching Hospital Lahore
- Dr. Nusrat Saddique
Senior Registrar Fauji Foundation Teaching Hospital Lahore
- Dr. Rashid
Eye Specialist,Data Darbar Eye Hospital Lahore
- Dr. S.M.Jahangir
Counsultant Opthalmologist, Services hospital Lahore
OPTOMETRIST AND REFRACTIONIST
- Dr. Muhammad Arif Butt
B.Sc Visual Science ,Optometrist and Refractionist
Ophthalmic Technologist, Lahore General Hospital Lahore
- Muhammad Shahid Iqbal
Ophthalmic Technician,Govt. Mian Nawaz Sharif Hospital Yakee Gate Lahore
- Azmat Ali Cheema
Ophthalmic Technician,Wapda Hospital Lahore
OPERATION THEATRE ASSISTANT
- Haji Abdul Razaq
Senior Operation Theatre Assistant ,Fauji Foundation Hospital Lahore
Ex-Operation Theatre Assistant, Medical Core Pakistan Army
- Muhammad Ali Babar
Operation Theatre Assistant,D.H.A hospital Lahore
- Muhammad Rizwan
Operation Theatre Assistant,Community Welfare Eye Hospital Lahore
- Muhammad Akhter
Operation theatre assistant National Eye Hospital Lahore.
- Muhammad Hayat
Operation Theatre Assistant, Fauji Foundation Hopital Lahore.
Ex-operation theatre assistant , Medical Core Pakistan Army
- Miss Sadia
Operation Theatre Staff Nurse,Govt. Mian Nawaz Sharif Hospital Yakee Gate Lahore
- Miss Shazia
Staff Nurse,Fauji Foundation Hospital Lahore
Statistical and Business analysist
- Mr.Muhammad Shahid
LIST OF EQUIPMENT
1) OPD Equipment
2) Pre-Operative Evaluation Equipment
3) Per-Operative Equipment
4) Post-Operative Checkup Equipment
4) Schortz Tonometer
5) Indirect Ophthalmoscope
6) Slit Lamp
7) Auto Refractometer
8) 20D lens
9) 90D lens
10) 78D lens
11) Panfundas lens
12) 3 Mirror lens
13) Gonioscope lens
14) Vision Stand
PRE-OPERATIVE EVALUATION EQUIPMENT
3) Bp Apparatus
- Auto Clave
- Hot Air Oven
- Steel Drum
- 15 Cataract Surgery Set
- 3 Operation theatre tables
- 3 Drip stand
- 3 Mayo Stand
- 3 Operation trolleys
- 3 Surgical microscope
- 2.5 KVA Generator
- Surgeon chairs
POST-OPERATIVE CHECKUP EQUIPMENT
- Applination Tonometer
PROJECTS AND MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS